PING- Kuei Yang Wang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Konnichiwa,

Rudolf said:
And to take your signature a step further too: What about
"... Und schämen werd ich mich, morgens beim Rasieren in den Spiegel zu blicken"? :xeye:

Nahh, ich rasiere mich elektrisch und natuerlich blind (ohne blind rasieren weiss man ja nicht ob es wirklich einen unterschied macht oder ob man sich das nur einbildet).

What is in my sig often reflects my mood and what I am just reading/watching.

The current line is taken from "Milliarden jahre vor dem Weltuntergang" (Billion Years before the end of the world), an obscure book never to my knowledge translated into English by russian science fiction writer Duo Arkadi & Boris Strugatski.

What this book really asks is: "How do we behave under pressure?".... Do we give up and turn in our right to decide and to think, or do take the pressure and the problems and whatever is comming, even if such pressure appears unbearable and irresistable. So to speak the question between the "dead lion" and "living dog".

My previous sig about those who get it and those who don't wen't in the same direction while the Bladerunner quote was down to me feeling a bit morbid and fragile as friends and people I once knew passed from this plane of existence into another, where I have (not yet) any intent of following. Though if I had to, right now, I'll take the last words on my stone the same as Reinhardt Mey: "Hier liegt einer der zwar nicht gerne, aber doch zufrieden ging" ("Here lies someone who left not willingly, but satisfied") [von "Mein Testament", ich hoffe Herr Mey ist Dir vertraut]?

Sayonara

Status
Not open for further replies.