Pics New Lowther "Alfredo" horn using CNC'd Birch Ply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Warmed them up as per John’s requirements and listened for 10 minutes or so. They sound very ‘new’ and tight as expected but more importantly no sign of any Lowther shout or honkey mid-range colouration. Actually I couldn’t pick any specific ‘horn’ characteristics. Very solid sound, pin point imaging beyond the speakers straight out of the box and generally a very flat response. The wow for me was how smooth they are. There is no harshness about them at all. I will give them a good run over the next couple of weeks. As mentioned yesterday you are more than welcome to visit and have a listen when you get back. They will have a few hours on them by then.

I wonder if these speakers have stood the test of time, are they still the daily driver and what listening impressions from extended use ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.