Pics new Altec Model 19 CAD/CNC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just finished this large unit, using American Walnut over Euro Birch ply.

Ye Olde bees wax hand polish.

416 woofer with recone from Great Plains Audio.

902 CD.

Xover was original Model 19 (test version shown in pic, not the final version).

Having built many Tannoy, Altec and JBL speakers over the past 15 years, this one certainly ticked the boxes for me. The bass response was really very good indeed. The bass driver was tested with a Fs of 22Hz....very low.

There's a lot to be said for the speakers of yester-year.

Andrew.

Attachments

• model 19 stained.jpg
    model 19 stained.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 473
  • altec10 a.jpg
    altec10 a.jpg
    679.8 KB · Views: 460
  • underneath.jpg
    underneath.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 444
  • gill top v2.jpg
    gill top v2.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 446
It was on another website. Some complained that he was 'advertising' and wasn't a 'paid sponsor'. A lot of people thought the complaints were unfair. Around that time that website had a lot of issues. I suspect they still have issues. Lots of valuable contributors gave up and left in disgust.

Considering how easy it is for some to whinge and sue because they get all bottom hurt over someone's personal opinion, I will not say what the web site is.

Personally, I absolutely love seeing Atilsly's (and others) construction posts. By observing others we learn and find solutions to our own projects....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.