Phono preamp kit to complement my DIY LM3886 and First Watt?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Do you guys believe me when I say the LP sounds better than digital on my system? Even with a cheap Technics SL-D2 and $50 BBE phono pre? Is this possible? The drums sound particularly better and the music just makes a "happy alive" sound. I can't really describe it. Maybe because it has such great dynamic range?

What's a better way to playback a recording of an lp? digital 24/96 or recorded on a good hi-fi VHS cassette?

Do you guys believe me when I say the LP sounds better than digital on my system? Even with a cheap Technics SL-D2 and $50 BBE phono pre? Is this possible? The drums sound particularly better and the music just makes a "happy alive" sound. I can't really describe it. Maybe because it has such great dynamic range?

What's a better way to playback a recording of an lp? digital 24/96 or recorded on a good hi-fi VHS cassette?

I am a mostly vinyl listener. Iam increasingly listening to digital though. Slowly I have come to recognize that digital is more detailed and has better bass. It depends on the recording. I have cds that sound better than the vinyl version I have and vice versa. Digital is in general more forward sounding to me though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.