• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Philips console unit with reverb!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Built around 1961 this $10 purchase held a little surprise - a reverb unit! As in play-that-guitar-with-some-vibrato reverb unit! The reverb spring unit itself has Hammond organ branding on it, and a control unit using an EF80 and a pair of 12AX7s is connected.

I have NO idea how this works. Any clues from the guitar guys?

reverb

Hi aardvarkash10, even if it come three years too late:
A friend of mine just take a Philips reverb stereo console, for a similar amount of money you paid. The unit got a lever (!?!) control for the reverb, It's probably older than yours, speakers are frontal, side, an down firing, for a total of seven drivers.
Sadly it's a transformerless circuit, and the speakers are most probably 800 ohm units, I'll check this, next week end. Output tubes are UL84 40volt/100mA filaments.
I'm posting you the circuit, just in case the reverb unit have some similarities with the one you got.
link:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzwiAWo-V4C-bGZ2YWw0WFl5RTQ/edit?usp=sharing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.