Philips CDM12.3 on Marantz CD6000

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everybody and sorry for the broadcast.

I've already looked in the forum for threads similar to the one I'm going to insert. There is a little bit of confusion in me and it would be great if somebody will help me.

I could have the opportunity to buy a Marantz CD6000KI. Surfing on the internet I've seen this player features a Philips CDM 12.3 transport.
The question is: does this mechanic have a I2S interface or not?

I would like to use this player with an external DAC without the problems of the SPDIF.

Thanks in advance and regards.

CDM12.3

Hello Guy!

I think you make some mastake about the PHILIPS reading part.

in Maranz no way using PHILIPS 12.3 pick-up. the CDM12.3 pickup is design for protable application like discman, and size big diferent normal CDM pickup.

in CD application,the CDM12 serial only CDM12.1,CDM12.4,VAM1210 aviable, and other CDM12.6,12.7,12.9,12.10 and 1310,1312 is design for CDROM use.

I guest you play should using CDM12.1 (equal VAM1210) or CDM12.4.

BTW, the I2S is one kind bus of data communiction bettwen DSP-DAC for audio data, no relation SPDIF output.

the unit is I2S or Sony format depent the DSP code setting, normally can check with DAC mode then I can know which type bus in applacation. (using SAA7350 or TDA1547 should using I2S)

and other, SPDIF should have in each CD chip set, in PHILPIS sevro system name the pin call DOBM, direct connect this pin for output is ok, but sometime output yes or not depent the code setting of DSP running.

Hello everybody and sorry for the broadcast.

I've already looked in the forum for threads similar to the one I'm going to insert. There is a little bit of confusion in me and it would be great if somebody will help me.

I could have the opportunity to buy a Marantz CD6000KI. Surfing on the internet I've seen this player features a Philips CDM 12.3 transport.
The question is: does this mechanic have a I2S interface or not?

I would like to use this player with an external DAC without the problems of the SPDIF.

Thanks in advance and regards.

Try Marantz CD6000KI service manual on google:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.