Philips cd160 CDM2 replacement to CDM1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

I've been reading diyaudio.com for a while silently tweaking and sometimes destroying stuff... that's just how it goes.

Have made some modifications to my Philips CD 160, and I decided to replace the whole CDM2 to a CDM1 that I have off the shelf. Has anyone tried something like this? I've realized that a big difference between CDM2 and CDM1 is that CDM2 outputs a so called HFD (High Frequency Detector) signal almost straight to SAA7210 while CDM1 does not do this... other that this they do seem to be compatible.

Have checked in the Philips CD304-MKII schematic that there is a HF detection circuit for the purpose, and I wonder if anyone has an idea of a simpler replacement of the circuit.

Can anyone tell me what might be the result of leaving this input floating and connecting the CDM1?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.