PG Cyclone[non cone subdriver]

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
cyclone rebuild etc, any thoughts Tom Danley

Just come across this site while looking more in depth on the PG cyclone. I have also followed the production of this unit since 96. I owned one as a demo and actually heard one of the aluminium prototypes being demoed by larry fredricks. It was awesome!!! to say the least.

I own a recently re-furrbed one however i picked up the points from tom about the magnet rubbing issues. Is there any improvements in re-machining the plastic housing in metal. if so what type?

Also is there any more motion on re-producing this woofer taking into account the learning points from Phoenix Gold.

Also how easy are these to take apart for cleaning and putting back together without messing around with the tolerances.

I would love to see this product back on the market even though the xmax's and sub technology have come along way since 97.

Any thoughts would be really welcomed..

Also i apologise for asking so much in my first post.

Question for Tom if i may, was this woofer designed for IB purposes and what can i do to sustain its longevity??

Again thank you all for any help in advance.

cyclone subwoofer

I have some memory of another company building a similar unit. Velodyne possibly? That looks like wonderful work on the diy unit. I have sold a lot of those pac-sci motors and still have a few. I wonder about noise from the brushes and bearings?
I was thinking about trying a smaller version using a head actuator from a large hard drive... 90 deree rotation and flat with large neo magnets. Seems almost perfect for the job. If anybody is interested, I will try and get some pics of them. The other thought was using a bldc motor. I have piles of them in all different sizes.
One last thought: from the drawings, the first thing that came to mind: let's steal a revolving door from the local mall, build a BIG motor assembly, and maybe use the PASS Monster for a power source. Voila, a killer subwoofer!;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.