Peter Snell, Snell model A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi !

Somebody told me that one the best stereo experiences he had was listening to a pair of Snell model A whose engineer was Peter Snell, more than twenty years ago.

This man (who died very early) seems to have very original ideas concerning the making of loudspeakers. All I know is that the model A was a large speaker.

I would be glad to get some informations on dimensions (width, depth, height) units and crossover of this spkeaker, about the man himself and his ideas, and about other models he made which certainly may be interesting.

~~~~~~~ Forr

§§§

The speaker was designed for flat on axis response. The drivers and crossovers were all matched within a half db.Snell also found phase shift was barely audible except in the midbass region.

Nice speakers. I had a pair for a couple of years. Kinda lacking the last word in low bass and dynamic impact yet still pretty fullrange compared to most of the over hyped/priced commercial stuff pimped today.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.