Peter Daniel's Audiosector Kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I Received my 3875 Kit from peter daniel last week assembled it and took pictures of it but i couldn't find my Usb camera cable to transfer the photo and i just found it so here's the pictures you probably all seen this type of amp before but anyways i'm posting them. I should receive my Transformer soon..... any of you have ideas for the enclosure??? that is a Simple design??? sorry for the picture quality Diyaudio only allows 100k

Attachments

• manic 03623.jpg
    manic 03623.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,080
Nice looking amp VoLCom,

mine should be arriving soon, I'm pleased to see the latest version of Peter's boards are in "sexy" blue too!

mmmm guess that means a blue power LED is a must!

just like you I'm a little concerned about the enclosure/chassis, I guess I'll end up buying one - my soldering skills are way ahead of my wood or metal working skills!

cheers

Dave.

yeah i wanted to build an enclosure like this one
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

All Black with blue leds in the knobs it looks so nice but i don't have the skills to build an enclosure like that and the tools to anodize... I'll have only one Pot, i have a Stereo Alps Pot but it's a 100k with "10 steps" if i can make what i imagine! the project will be awesome! but it never turns out like that for me lol

Peter:

Ok, What did you use to build the Patek???? size and thickness??
is it expensive to build???

Sam:

I checked it out and it's a great program the only thing is it's only making a front/back panel, unless you make plain for the side and it should be quite expensive to order from them???? Also I'm using Canare Rj-Ru as the Input Connector and i couldn't find the macro in the program

I'm currently working on an upgraded version of Patek chassis as seen in a review (copper for the panels, use of Madagascar Ebony on the outside with maple subpanels painted with nickel coating), but the original as it was pictured on my site, was built using 1 x 1 copper bar and 1.5 x 3/8 aluminum pieces for front and back. Side panels were made of 3/4 zebra wood. The amp's footprint is 4.25 x 5.5

Top and bottom mesh was bought locally, surplus.

I checked it out and it's a great program the only thing is it's only making a front/back panel, unless you make plain for the side and it should be quite expensive to order from them????

"Expensive" is different for different people. The panel shown was ~US$35. Quite a bit of that was due to the graphics, countersinking and for threading some of the holes. You can get an itemization of the cost before you order so you can decide which features are important to yoU I could have got a functional version for US$20-25 if I had benn willing to tap the theads, do the countersinking myself and to leave off the graphics. I tink you the best cost to value by using them only for the front (and maybe real panels and use a stock enclosure for the rest. You might combine them with stock from www.onlinemetals.com

Also I'm using Canare Rj-Ru as the Input Connector
If you can get a datasheet from Canare showing the required holes, you could prabably design them into the panel with the tool provided. That's what I did with the Nutrik jack.

I just received my Toroidal Transformer

There are 13wires

Primaries
2 Black
2 White

which i think i have to connect in parallel for 115v operation

and the secondaries i have

2 green 24 volt
1 black 0 volt
2 red 0 volt
2 blue 20 volt
2 yellow 27 volt

so i have "i think" it's my first gainclone and i never used transformers before (always batteries)

i plug the Blues 20volt and the reds 0volt to get 20 volt operation with peter daniel's rectifier?

Am i right????? or wrong??? please correct me if so :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.