• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Permanent thread name proposal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
jnb said:
(Ahem) most of the world doesn't pronounce it the way you've spelled it. :D
The world as seen by many Yanks.

Attachments

• america.gif
    america.gif
    17.5 KB · Views: 274
However: the way aussies pronounce Tubes does rhyme with Newb(ie)s.
Tubies for Newbies works for almost everyone, even if we pronounce it differently it still rhymes for Northern America and the rest of the english speaking world.
The rest of the world (most of it) couldn't care less as long as things are spelt correctly to make translation software work better.

While I have the soapbox: we should have sections for:
Metalworking
Woodworking
Painting & finishing

Jeb-D. said:
I propose that the "On Line Tube Learning for newbies.... " thread should be changed to "Toobz for Noobz" :D

I think we should reserve that type of spelling for those who speak and write English as a second language. The spelling in international forums is bad enough without purposely spelling things incorrectly.

Next, we'll be building our amplifiers with tube sockets that are 3 times too big for our tubes, which will require that those listening to our amps use one hand to keep the tubes from falling off the sockets when operating them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.