Peerless 830656

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone have experience with the Peerless 830656? Any measurements done? Looks interesting due to low price and a good alternative to people outside the US.

Ordering from PE is just too expensive with shipping/customs. I unfortunately don't have access to a Tang Band distributor in Canada either.

Peter

peter_m said:

Ordering from PE is just too expensive with shipping/customs. I unfortunately don't have access to a Tang Band distributor in Canada either.

Peter

I live in Australia, I have a trustworthy friend in the States who send me the parts I bought from PE in the States. You can try this it works for me. The postal charges reduce dramatically.

I think he's referring to Tang Band, as PE only carries Peerleess XLS subwoofers, nothing else.

You want to use this driver as an alternative to which TangBand driver? No, I don't think anyone has done any distortion measurements that are published on the interweb. Looks like you may be able to crossover fairly high with it, due to the lack of cone breakup, but without distortion measurements it's hard to say how the real world performance is. For the price that it is, you wouldn't be out by very much to try it and see how it sounds, experimenting with different crossover points.

No subs, only5" mid-woofer. I was referring to the TangBand W5-704s. at 15$ it's a steal! What's the point of a budget system is you have to almost double your budget due to shipping/customs. Hivi (which I can find locally) has a nice alternative but it's not exactly at the same low price, called the W5 as well. Oh well I guess I will have to wait for someone to play with the 830656.

Yup, Solen is a great place. Within driving distance for me:D

Probably would have helped to include that in the first post, don't you think?

Besides, that deal at PE is over, the drivers are back at their regular price of US$24.70, slightly higher than the CAD$23 for the Peerless driver at Solen, which is within driving distance so no shipping charge whatsoever.

Solen is great, their website however...a little weak.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.