• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PCB mount Plitron transformer, free if you design a PCB for it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
I bought two very nice Plitron PCB transformers on eBay, model 8980-B2, 0-20-120V and 0-100-120V inputs, 50/60Hz, 2 X 18V output at 0.56A and 1X10V output at 0.43A. I thought I might design a PCB to use them. But it's unlikely I will ever get around to learning PCB design and doing it.

So here's my proposition: you get one transformer in exchange for designing and ordering two PCBs, then you send one PCB back to me.

Attachments

• IMG_1979.jpg
    IMG_1979.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_1977.jpg
    IMG_1977.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_1978.jpg
    IMG_1978.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 332
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Design a pcb to rectify / smooth AC for a DC Power supply? Why redesign the wheel - I have a ton of them, and can be bought off ebay cheap too......

If not a power supply PCB, what is your PCB is to be doing...

Piltron makes some very nice (and expensive) transformers...

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Ah, I should be more specific. The transformer is does not have the same pinout/spacing as a typical (ie Talema or flathead) transformer. I could not find a PCB that it fits. I could not find a protoboard that it fits, although there probably is one somewhere.

So what I'd like, at the minimum, is a PCB that mounts just the transformer with pads for the pins that input and output wires can attach. I would like it if the pads can attach to screw on terminal blocks or similar.

But this is a collaboration. If someone wants to take me up on this project and design something with rectifiers and filter caps, I can work with that.

Have you confirmed with a ruler that the 120va specs reflect the correct mechanical drawing? This model does not appear to be a standard offering for their current PCB series. Can you also confirm the actual measurement of dimension K and the individual lead spacings for the primary and secondary pins? If you can, I’ll take a crack at a PCB.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.