PCB for Audio innovations 500.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks, I have recently bought an Audio innovations series 500 amp. The main power supply and power amp board has been well and truly toasted and I think the best way to approach repair would be to start with a new PCB.
Could any kind soul make me a PCB, I have the (very simple single layer) design ready to go as a publisher document and will of course be willing to pay for time and materials etc. I can drill it myself should there be any volunteers. I am in East Sussex, UK.

Last edited:
PCB for Audio innovations 500

Hi JPR_PT thanks for your reply and kind offer of assistance. The board is 205mm x 73mm. I have attached the layout (reversed). It is in pdf format. I hope this is OK. Holes are all 1mm.

I am away from my PC until next Sunday.

Attachments

• AI500 PCB reversed.pdf
    37.5 KB · Views: 159
I use negative pcb film. I need an inverted image. I'm going to test inverting the image you sent me on my pcb software.
Just a note - PDF usually is not a good base for a pcb layout. It can have dimensioning errors that affect the final result.
I'll let you know this wekend about the results

Why need a pcb. :D
Just make thing hardwired.

Attachments

• 20130405_222438[1].jpg
    20130405_222438[1].jpg
    752.9 KB · Views: 136
Hi,ADVR, I am using a pcb to keep it near to original. PCB has been made and I am very close to having a working amp once more. Hard wiring may make marginally better sound and offer space for different component choice but is a huge amount of fiddly work for the same result. Thanks for the photo though.

Ian.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.