Pass Shootout In Salt Lake City Part-2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
BillWW said:
Bob

I am not too worried about this test Aleph protype. I have at least 5 more sets of Aleph boards to use for future projects.

I eventually plan on multiamping to go active on my crossover.

I will have to say I have caught the fever for building amps. It has become a lot of fun, since I really enjoy listening to my projects afterwards. I do really appreciate this forum and all of the useful information I have found on this site.

Regards, Bill :)

Hi Bill,

I see now, and this is a very good way to do this, especially if you have some spare boards to hand already. However, if you are ever completely 'stuck', using cyano as I mentioned can work quite well.

It is the way I have worked for years, as you never know quite how things will pan out until you finally try the amps in a system for 'sound' trials. Frequently there will be some minor mods to try out, or occasionally, almost an entire rebuild with alternative components, which I have found to be of benefit to the sound.

Then, when finally satisfied, I will (usually) rebuild the entire amps using new PC boards, just like you propose to do, I guess.

I fully agree with you that it is a lot of fun, and the satisfaction when listening to the final version is very rewarding for the constructor.

Thank you for sharing your experiences. :D

Regards, :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.