Pass Labs goes out on the town

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
When I had a chance to spend a day listening to Nelson's KleinHorns and El Pipe-o, he kept asking me, "You really don't listen any louder than that?" I can only imagine how loud that concert must have been.

SY, you have been to NP's house? Is he welcome to stranger?

If one day I can go to USA, I wanted to meet my "teacher" himself (NP). How do people in USA reacts when someone he doesn't know show up in his door?

lumanauw said:
If one day I can go to USA, I wanted to meet my "teacher"

Lumanauw,

silly me, is this your cousin ?

Attachments

• passified.jpg
    passified.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 479
jacco vermeulen said:

Maybe you should be talking jazz festival? :clown:
(the jacster is heading to Cluny, Bourgogne, again this summer :note: )

I usually go to the eurockeennes, at belfort. it's a rock festival (the biggest festival in france afaik)

Nelson Pass said:

I was tempted to offer up the same joke answer, but I
thought better of it, as the international portion of the
membership would probably take it seriously.

People in the U.S. are pretty much like other people.

noooo, we would only take it seriously if you were living in texas ;)

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I have gone all over Texas more than once, and I've always
found the people uniformly friendly and nice. I did not meet
any politicians, however.

21 years ago, when I moved to Foresthill it was still a common
sight to see people wearing sidearms on the street. They no
longer do, so I guess you could call that progress.

:cool:

I confess that Texas has not made all that great an impression on me. Been there a couple of times and met a fair number of people who came from there. Seems to me...well, never mind, I'll edit myself on that. Suffice it to say that I have found no reason to be fond of the place. I'm sure that there are some great people in Texas, but my experience so far has been close to 100% negative.
Given a choice, I'd rather go next door to New Mexico any day of the week.

Grey

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I lived in Houston for about 5 years. The people were fine, but then again I was going to school and no one in my class was from Texas. In general the people outside of class were the normal mix, , but I would say that Houston has a lot of influences from other areas, being a port town. Never liked Dallas at all, and the people I knew there thought it was perfect. Not that my opinion matters you texas people..

It might cool some of the potential tourists to Foresthill if they were aware that AFAIK Nelson doesn't hand out mini-Alephs to people as they leave, the way Wonder Bread gave out mini loaves when I visited that bread factory in second grade...

Being the degenerate that i am i have been around a bit, speaking an odd number of languages got me to places and communicating with people others generally miss out on.
The single most important i've experienced is that people basically are very much alike around the globe, and still they differ.
Which is kind of nice, i felt at home with quite a lot of people of different color and nationalities.

I've always lived in/near a port city; Seattle, Antilles, Amsterdam, now Rotterdam.
Probably why i like Houston, the Texas South Coast is wonderfull.
I've had a gun pointed at any part of me, because of being paid for the risk, and because of being somewhere at the wrong moment, i seem to be a scar collector.
Maybe one day i'll drive the Pan-American a second time without the need for guns under every seat or in the glove compartment.
It looks like it is getting safer everywhere, which is a whole lot of progress.

Thanks for the info, Bricolo.

Those who think the world is getting safer haven't tried life in the "red" states in the US. It's getting worse...rapidly. Those who do not support the current regime are subject to intimidation and threats. Persecution of minorities is rising at a rate that defies belief by those who live in more civilized corners of the world. (Literally, people think I'm exaggerating when I tell them how things are hereabouts. I only wish I were.) Here, where I work, there are white supremacists and folks who think that torturing people is funny; subject matter for laughter. And that's at a state-supported (as opposed to private) university, long regarded as a bastion of liberal, progressive thinking.
Get out of town, like the flatlands towards the coast, and you will encounter things and attitudes best described as barbaric.

Grey

Tomatoes are in the ground. Ditto for fennel, rosemary, garlic, sage, and eggplant. Still need to get to pumpkins (the young'un will need one for Halloween), and a few other oddments. The main booger right now is getting a patch of garden converted back to yard for the baby to play in. Spent half of Sunday with the bees. Need to put in another day or two with them at some point.
On the electronic front, I've got a couple of orders coming in. Got a PC board layout I'm working on for the relay-based volume control. Need to get down to the dungeon and do some Evil Experiments...
Thought up a circuit topology the other day that I want to try out, but it will have to wait in line.
Dear Gussie, days used to be twice as long as they are now. I spend nine hours a day on my job (8, plus an hour driving), about six sleeping, roughly three on the baby, and then get clobbered by things like this ongoing nonsense with my car from where the kid tried to rip the front end off last September. It's in the shop now for the sixth time. (His insurance company has me in a Dodge Magnum rental this time--what a monster-mobile! I'll have to rob a bank in order to afford gas for the confounded thing.)
Audio isn't far from my mind during all this. Even when I'm sweating in the sun, I'm rolling circuit ideas in my mind.

Grey

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.