Parasound A51 PSU Connections

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I've recently picked up a faulty Parasound A51 that, apparently, has a loud hum and distortion on all the outputs. I would like to check this myself, however the previous owner has had the cover off and pulled 6no. wires off the power supply PCB... it looks like 4no. come from the, massive, toroidal and 2no. from the IEC socket/fuse (The owner said he couldn't remember where they went :eek: )

Are there any UK/230v owners out there who would be prepared to post a photo of their power supply PCB connections please? I've looked at some google images but have assumed these were all 120v configurations.

Many thanks,

C

Sucsess! No bang but I can confirm the unit has a loud hum and distortion.

Two quick observations I made:

The hum is reduced buy switching to balanced input - this is both with, and without a source connected.

With a source connected, to either input, the audio signal is audible no mater what way round the 'balanced/line' switch is... Does this suggest the input stage is FUBAR?

Thanks,
C

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.