Parameters for 6x9s

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Agreed that serious audio buffs tend to choose component speakers over ovals. You see, when I bought the speakers from the JBL store, I asked the shopkeeper what box volume would be needed. He had no idea what I was talking about. I wonder how big a box would be good for the 936.

Stuff like that is intended to be mounted on the parcel shelf, effectively in free air.
True. I own a Suzuki Alto, which is a hatchback. Getting a parcel shelf fitted would take away all the space and leave hardly any room for luggage.
But if I want to put them in boxes, will any box work since 6x9s are free air speakers?
Cheers,
Vivek

Have you tried calling JBL and asking for the T/S parameters? Sometimes the big companies will actually tell you these things, but most of the time they won't have a clue what you're talking about. I spent a good 25 minutes on the phone w/ Pioneer one time trying to get the T/S values for one of their subs since my friend lost the paperwork and I couldn't find the info anywhere.

I asked the dealer what box volume would be ideal for the JBL 936. He had no idea and thought I was asking about the volume on the CD player. I just gave up.
Then I asked a friend of mine who is with JBL. He has been looking but I do not think he has found it. I might have to measure the speakers myself.

For Vivek

Vivek: I have obtained great results with a pair of Kicker "693" in a sealed box,14hx9Dx83/4W enclosure,I use these in the shop,I am quite pleased with the result..Good luck Bob C.

Attachments

• 6by9 001.jpg
    6by9 001.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 106
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.