Parallell bridges - one winding.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I may have painted myself into a corner, just by loosing focus on a small but important detail.....
I need to test a preamp with dual mono dual PSU, - but a brain fart has left me with room for only one transformer, with dual secondaries. Each PSU have dual bridges for pos and neg regulators. The final solution is of course to make a special order for a trafo with four secondaries, which will take som time. In the mean time, a possible solution is to feed e.g. the two positive bridges from a common winding, and negatives from the other....
This is far from an ideal solution, and one I'd never given a thought, but somehow my head says "why not" ?????
What say you? Anyone done this??

Last edited:
That problem does not worry me. Do as on the schematic below. Use two rectifier bridges and separate sets of power rail decoupling capacitors. The difference from four secondary windings will be very small.

More worrying is "Location: Norway, -north of the moral circle..". Lilyhammer or even worse Oslo :eek:? How do you expect a power supply to function if you do not even respect the laws of physics? :judge:

Attachments

• DoubleRectifier.jpg
    DoubleRectifier.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 135
The final solution is of course to make a special order for a trafo with four secondaries, which will take som time. In the mean time, a possible solution is to feed e.g. the two positive bridges from a common winding, and negatives from the other....
To it was dual mono only two voltage doublers can help (or four secondaries of cause).

Attachments

• umnoz_1.jpg
    umnoz_1.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 111
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.