parallel the transformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
K-amps said:
Just connect the toroids in parallel and check.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's a single transformer with dual secondaries!

It's still a useful idea to place a lightbulb in series, but I'd start with the lower wattage = greater resistance, and then gradually proceed to no bulb at all.

K-amps said:
Just remember one thing, Safety first!!

Amen!

Rune

runebivrin said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's a single transformer with dual secondaries!

I think he has access to two 500VA toroids each with dual 18v secondaries... If not... I don't know why he'd use a single 18v supply... not that he can't, but not sure if he'd do that.

Again I may be wrong on that but as they say, options, options, options!

;)

Traffo's

Thanks guys for taking the time to avise......it's really appreciated....

I have asingle traffo.............this has two lots of secondaries rated at 500va ....................... the traffo is supposed to be rated as 1000va overall..........

Basically its like two traffo's in one.....

OK, I stand corrected on the number of "cores" you have, but the solution still stands. As long as you can located the two sets of secondaries of same voltage/ polarity, you could still paralell everything using a bulb in series with the primary.

I just hope the secondaries are:

18-0-18-18-0-18 and not

18-36-54-72-90-108...

cheers!

K-;)

These datas should match within 10% :

Rcu=Copper Resistance of prim- and sec-winding (simple to measure with an Ohmmeter the transformers should be on working temp

Secondary voltage with load!!!!(Most times this fits when Rcu fits)

If you get it hard to 10% you can mod the suply to (2*R)CRCRC
One R for each Trans

PS:If you burn down your house don't send the loyer please maybe some things get lost by translation

moamps : hi

attachment.php

i think this schematic can not reach 1000w , beacause of limited current of each wind , it can produce 500w ,just as one transformer.

MR. moamps , do you think if i am right?

Traffo

Surely as thewindings are parrallel ......... the Traffo is designed to give two x 18-0-18v @ 500va similtaneously.........therefore the primary winding is rated accordingly....to supply 1000va.

So you sould be able to parrallel secondaries to give 18-0-18 at 1000va..............or in series to give 36-0-36 @ 500va

Surely this make sense?????

Re: moamps : hi

john-china said:
i think this schematic can not reach 1000w , beacause of limited current of each wind , it can produce 500w ,just as one transformer.
MR. moamps , do you think if i am right?
Hi,
each coil (wind) is loaded with only half of sine wave. Wire dimension is usually calculated for full sine load. Than I think that each wind can be loaded with double current but half time.
But, I agree that this schematic isn't optimal (higher losses etc.).

Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.