Parallel Devices in Zen Variations Part 3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
sorry, i´m not able to understand the main purpose of the regulated power supply in variaton 3. In the first circuit i heared a little bit noise (50Hz) because only the 10.000myF cap was as "Siebkondensator" to make the voltage plain. In circuit variation 2 i hear nothing of 50Hz AC, i think the "variable constant current source" formed out of the second Mosfet with the 0.33r resistor and the npn, takes away the rest DC. it should be fast enough for this (?). If i use the regulated voltage i give away 7Volt minimum, maybe only 6 at peaks. If there is no sound advantage than less 50Hz DC , is there any need for the regulator? If i have this abaut 7 Volt more direct in the amp, isn´t there more power? I understand the need for a regulator in a preamp, so i build one in BoZ, but if there´s nothing against i´ll leave the variation 2 as it is, and wait for var. 4.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.