PAM8610 Bad Humming/Static

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I recently purchased a PAM8610 Class D Amp for use in a project I'm working on, but the speakers almost always output a loud humming/static-y noise.

The speakers are 8ohm 7-15w car speakers, and I'm powering the board with a 12v 3a power supply. I've tried different wires, different aux cables, even a different power supply, but I still get the persistent buzzing. It is even audible when plugged into a device, like a phone or RPi (which is what I use for the project.)

I can give more details and photos if needed.

Thanks in advance

I will repeat Turbowatch2's suggestion: disconnect any previous source, short-circuit the amplifier inputs to ground and see if you then have any hum. The first test to do in case of hum is to see if it comes from the power amplifier itself or its power supply. If not, you work your way backwards through the signal chain.
I have two probably similar PAM8610 amplifier boards. I have no loud hum. You can apply an output filter but even without that I have no noise problems.

I will repeat Turbowatch2's suggestion: disconnect any previous source, short-circuit the amplifier inputs to ground and see if you then have any hum. The first test to do in case of hum is to see if it comes from the power amplifier itself or its power supply. If not, you work your way backwards through the signal chain.
I have two probably similar PAM8610 amplifier boards. I have no loud hum. You can apply an output filter but even without that I have no noise problems.

By this, do you mean connecting a wire from the aux input to the ground of the dc jack? I'm not sure what you mean

That was a quick reply.
I have two like this: 2 x 15W PAM8610 Class D Digital Dual Power Audio Amplifier Board 12V-in Integrated Circuits from Electronic Components & Supplies on AliExpress

Either you connect jumpers from each of the two signal pins to ground on the 3.5mm female stereo jack signal input or you make a male 3.5mm stereo jack with the two signal tabs connected to signal ground. When you put such a male stereo jack inside the female connector on the board, the inputs are grounded and you have no noise coming from the input.

That was a quick reply.
I have two like this: 2 x 15W PAM8610 Class D Digital Dual Power Audio Amplifier Board 12V-in Integrated Circuits from Electronic Components & Supplies on AliExpress

Either you connect jumpers from each of the two signal pins to ground on the 3.5mm female stereo jack signal input or you make a male 3.5mm stereo jack with the two signal tabs connected to signal ground. When you put such a male stereo jack inside the female connector on the board, the inputs are grounded and you have no noise coming from the input.

Where are the two signal pins? The other pins on the aux port?

Sorry, I'm pretty new at this

I added some better pictures of the top and bottom
Shared album - Lilbud - Google Photos

How to repair earbud headphones: a step-by-step guide
Scroll down until you see two photos next to one another. The right photo shows a male 3.5mm audio jack opened up. The two signal pins are the short ones and the long metallic part sticking out below is signal ground.
Alternatively, rear-side top right you have three solder-points in a row. Connect these three together temporarily.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.