Pages slow to load, got a timeout

Joined 2015
Paid Member
Same problem here. I get SSL handshake error as well.

Attachments

• diy_err.jpg
    diy_err.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 55
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
The issue ended up being our host, Linode. The servers are located in their Dallax, TX datacenter and this datacenter had issues today from Nov 22, 05:42 UTC through to Nov 22, 17:02 UTC (just under an hour ago). Everything now seems to be resolved, and performance is back to normal.

This is the second such issue in as many months, so we'll be keeping an eye on whether we need to consider moving to another datacenter but as the saying goes "better the devil you know". The Linode status page is at https://status.linode.com/ and if you see that showing a live Dallas issue at the same time diyAudio is having issues, they are likely to be related.

Reactions: 1 users
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Linode is currently performing emergency maintenance to fix the problem that caused yesterday's issues at the Dallas, TX datacenter.

https://status.linode.com/

Emergency Network Maintenance - US-Central (Dallas)Subscribe
In progress - Scheduled maintenance is currently in progress. We will provide updates as necessary.
Nov 23, 2022 - 06:00 UTC
Scheduled - We will be performing an emergency service-affecting network maintenance in our US-Central (Dallas) data center from 00:00 (CST) until 04:00 (CST) on Wednesday, November 23rd. This maintenance is to address issues identified from the incident that occurred earlier today at our US-Central (Dallas) Data Center. At this time, we believe the root cause is isolated to a single redundant switch pair. During this service-affecting maintenance, customers may see an increased chance of increased latency or packet loss.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Edge browser? There have been some reported issues of sites being slow and freezing when using Edge. Problems started around 3 weeks ago after an update. Still ongoing as far as I know and is not happening on all systems.

Reactions: 1 users
diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
I've just looked at the server maintenance schedule and it seems they have a lot on at the moment, in general as well as some specifically in Europe.

Not that anything should stop. I've had some slow downs this week which I couldn't explain.. however things are better today.

Reactions: 1 user