Packing Up The Lab

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Life happens, as they say. We’re getting ready to move, so I’m packing up the lab today. I’ll probably be out of commission for awhile. Still reading email and glad to help if you have questions, though I may be a little slower than usual to respond. Hopefully, later this Fall I’ll have a workbench again. :)

Attachments

• labmove-768x576.jpg
    labmove-768x576.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 842
Life happens, as they say. We’re getting ready to move, so I’m packing up the lab today. I’ll probably be out of commission for awhile. Still reading email and glad to help if you have questions, though I may be a little slower than usual to respond. Hopefully, later this Fall I’ll have a workbench again. :)

Cool Audiohobby.com blog are back on line
Best regards

NEW suggestions ?

I'm staring at an empty room with one large window opposite to the door. Was wondering how I should set it up as my work room. Bookshelves to the ceiling on the left wall with a work space ( narrow one) all the way from the door to the opposite wall.
The main work area on the right side with equipment , computer and work bench etc.

Or at the very least keep soldering, assembly, test , and measurement away from food preparation, and playing board games. :)

Hmm....yes. That is important. Keeping assembly and test area far apart might be tough. Especially if the item built is heavy . What about a trolley which you can roll around ? Assemble on it and move it where ever you want ! No need to remove anything from it. Solder stuff can be in a try below the unit including tools. Test equipment can be on shelves and not very deep. Almost like a partially detachable table !
Wheeling it to the listening room/location can be easy and painless.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.