PA001N Alternative

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well if you can live with lower specifications, 15A is available in output devices, but the SOA isn't as good either. NJL3281/1302's for instance are possibles. But you'd have to derate the amp somewhat.

Hopefully the design is already overengineered enough that you can get away with it. They may have chosen 18A output devices for a good reason though...

eBay :) the mfg B&K?
PA001N and PA001P are in a TO-264, so MJL4281A/4302A are probably your best bet from what is easy to get.
If the devices are damaged, why did they fail, maybe not over engineered enough?

Thanks to everybody. They fail because i made a mistake. I did install one of the big capacitors wrong way. And thats why 2 of the big transistors are gone.

eBay :) the mfg B&K?
PA001N and PA001P are in a TO-264, so MJL4281A/4302A are probably your best bet from what is easy to get.
If the devices are damaged, why did they fail, maybe not over engineered enough?

So i did chance transistors to MJL4281A/4302A. It did work about minute and now all of the transistors are gone. Is there possibility that the big capacitor is broken and now it burn those transistors? They actually from B&K did recommend using 2SA1386A and 2SC3519A.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.