pa mids for multi car/home use

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i was just looking through the forum and happened to se a link to some pa stuff @ parts express.com and man i saw some mids for like 15$ and was wondering if that migght go good in a car system or better in a house? well if i got some i prolly biuld smal removable boxes anyway so i oculd use them in my house accasionally? thnx

Well,

* Power handling: 125 watts RMS/250 watts max * Voice coil diameter: 1" * Impedance: 8 ohms * Frequency response: 70-9,000 Hz * Magnet weight: 25 oz. * Fs: 67 Hz * SPL: 86.9 dB 1W/1m * Vas: 0.36 cu. ft. * Qms: 4.99 * Qes: .95 * Qts: .80 * Xmax: 3.3 mm *

I'm wondering what the PA part of these is. I'm guessing it's the high Fs and the low Xmax. The SPL is not what I would consider a PA driver, neither is the 1" coil. Methinks this is a poor driver that someone decided to slap the word professional on to make it sound more appealing.

I guess it depends on what your application is. With a woofer and a tweeter it might be ok. The price is sure good.

Cal

thanks cause it was the best price i seen on a midrange and i didint wanna put a complete coaxal or triaxal in my car or home but at that price its got more power handaling than ive ever seen for the rice and size but quality was the thing i was real skeptical about ut for that price it wouldent do to bad is what i thought thanku for ur help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.