p1000x2 no output

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey guys new to the forum and repair of amps but i am very familiar with soldering smd and through hole components. I have a p1000x2 that crapped out on me. Currently there is no out put on left or right channels and the yellow protect light is flashing. Any help on where to start would be great. Thanks again.

thanks for the advice.

Attachments

• 20200119_234932[1].jpg
    20200119_234932[1].jpg
    1 MB · Views: 75
1 each of the ones reading less than 10 ohms 2-3 are likely 'shorted'. It could be that the lowest reading one is the one that's shorted.

Pull them one at a time. When you find one that reads low out of the board, re-check on the board to confirm that the 2-3 readings of the rest are high.

For testing, you can operate the amp with only 1 on each rail missing to see if there are more problems. You can NOT replace only the defective parts. You must replace all 8 outputs in that channel (4-3415s, 4-6815s).

So I took out q6 and q16 and the rest ohmed Into spec. I hooked up the amp with 2amp limit and it was powered up with no protect light and no dc voltage on speaker outputs. .03mv per channel. Once I checked that the power supply clicked off cause amperage trip. Then I checked the outputs and they are homing at like 26.5m. I checked the gate resistors but I could only check 6 or so,as the others went to a via. All source resistors are at .2 ohm.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.