OWON SDS-7102 scope any good ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I saw the OWON SDS 7102 at an exhibition.

This one can be connected to a PC via USB and you can store the screen display on the PC or a USB memory module. Has a VGA output also.
Features look interesting.

Has anyone used this scope ? I read that some users had reservations about the 'feel' of the switches. The pop up menu around the screen looked 'poor' compared to what other brands have. But then performance is what matters!

Alan Lowe at Saelig.com sells them, and as I have dealt with Alan for some several years and always found him to stand 110% behind anything he sells, I would not hesitate to buy one were I in the market.

For the price the 8" 800x600 display is quite impressive, as is the 10Mpt record length and 1GS/s real time sampling rate. My Lecroy WaveJet 314 has only a 640x480 display, but with a 500Mpt capture--it cost $2350 four years ago...

Thanks CliffyK,
I did think that the price was good and it appeared to work well. However without having it on the test bench it's hard to say if there is anything that 'could' be better . My old Tek TDS210 had a rather noisy trace at the 2mV setting with no input signal.
Lecroy had several scopes at the exhibition and I only looked at them briefly as they were far beyond my budget. However my memory says that the waveform display looked better on the Lecroy ! (?)
Cheers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.