Ovation speakers by Audient

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I picked up two 12" speakers that are very heavy duty. They have Ovation on the bell cover with Audient 100 and 9702 also on the bell cover. I know Ovation doesn't mfg. speakers. I have seen some other Ovation speakers that were mfg. by Eminence. I cannot find any Eminence numbers on these speakers. One of the speakers is perfectily good but the other was seized up. It looks like the magnet and voice coil alignment "block" was off center. The glue may have come loose.
Do any of you know anything about these speakers. They are a light gray-green-blue in color, with a crinkle finish.
I took the seized speaker completely apart and I am in the process of re-glueing the magnet and the two heavy spacers. I have made sure the voice coil space is even all around.
This is my first post on diyaudio.

Ovation 9702 Speaker

I read this post and although dated, I have a couple of those speakers and its been interesting trying to find out who makes them. Our closest possible manufacturer is University/Altec Lansing/EV. Given the more intricate frames of those speakers in addition to the nice aluminum terminals and the cosmetic magnet covers, they appear to be a notch above the more common brands like Utah (was used by Ovation in some amplifiers), EAS, Weber, Eminence, Jensen, etc, etc. I'm currently in discussion with a major speaker rebuilder to see if they can recognize these. Regardless, I have two speakers that are damaged and would be looking to buy one from someone for a reasonable price. I'm in the process of restoring an Ovation amp and need a speaker and a horn driver (University ID40)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.