Output DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I have the player Philips CD610 and want to replace OPAMPS and put in common GND with the output of the transformer, but I know little about DAC. I wonder what the function of trasistors the output of opamp?

Attached scheme:

Attachments

• Captura_de_tela.png
    Captura_de_tela.png
    186 KB · Views: 190
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Don't understand the "transformer gnd" bit. What do you mean.

As Guido says, four transistors at the right are muting. Middle two are deemphasis switching.

Swapping the opamps would be worthwhile... and being very boring I'll still suggest OPA2604 although you may want to try the LM4562.

mute function

As Guido says, four transistors at the right are muting. Middle two are deemphasis switching.

The circuit is confusing to me, the transistor on the left I think the are two filters, one is active by switching transistor.

Middle two are deemphasis switching
Not understand

The 22k resistor (3675,3676) before the two transistors mute funcion, I seem to make a voltage divider, more leaves to very high output impedance.

suggest OPA2604 although you may want to try the LM4562.
I was thinking of using the OPA2134, The opamp OPA2604 would be a better option?

Don't understand the "transformer gnd" bit. What do you mean.

Is to put the preamp and CD player in even GND to avoid a ground loop, see figure.

Attachments

• Gnd.jpg
    Gnd.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 111
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
The 22k resistors reference the output electroylitic and mute transistors to ground. Common practice to do that. The resistor is high enough to have no effect on the output at all as it's fed from the opamp output.

The mute transistors, two are used per channel to get a "deep" enough level of muting in conjunction with the 470 ohm resistors. These two 470 ohm in series define the output impedance of the player.

The deemphasis transistors are the two in front of the opamp that change the hf filter characteristics.

All the transistors and diodes at the top are used to provide the logic levels required to operate the mute and deemphasis circuits.

The OPA2604 is just a personal favourite I find works well :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.