Outdoor speaker recommendation.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A friend is asking for a recommendation on outdoor speakers to purchase. Budget is $CDN200/pair. They must be true outdoor speakers, to be mounted permanently and left outside. Technically, this is not DIY, but I am asking in case someone knows what's available at the common sources for drivers. TIA

Niles makes some great outdoor speakers.
I found a beat up pair of OS-10 in a pawn shop ten years ago and snatched them up for $20.00 usd Hooked them up to my uncles 100W amp and was shocked to hear them walk all over his Allied 12" three ways. They are the main speakers in my 50W HT but the DIY bug has bitten me and they will soon go outside where they belong.
IMHO, their sound is smooth mids and highs with punchy mid bass but not much bottom. The cabinets are indestructible and the design is widely copied. The best copy might be Descant.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.