Opening Kodak 4400 slide projector

Yeah, I know, wrong site. But, you guys are the smartest people in the room...
My other hobby is photography. I'm trying to service a Kodak 4400 slide projector. The service manual says remove the six screws and the case should come apart. Not happening. I can't get the handle area to separate. Can't figure out the trick. The earlier models look easy to get apart, but this one, with the tapered handle, seems to have some additional lock, tab, hidden screw, glue or something. Anybody ever have one apart? No amplifier was ever this difficult!

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, I know, wrong site. But, you guys are the smartest people in the room...
My other hobby is photography. I'm trying to service a Kodak 4400 slide projector. The service manual says remove the six screws and the case should come apart. Not happening. I can't get the handle area to separate. Can't figure out the trick. The earlier models look easy to get apart, but this one, with the tapered handle, seems to have some additional lock, tab, hidden screw, glue or something. Anybody ever have one apart? No amplifier was ever this difficult!
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/450455/Kodak-Bc4401-Carousel-4400-Projector.html#manual

Hope it helps.
Kind regards,

Willem.