Open-sourced UAC2 bridge, based on STM32

Well done!
Couple of comments from quick glance:
  • Instead of PLL it would be better to use external clocks for MCK. STM32F466 allows this through I2S_CKIN (PC9).
  • SAI would probably be more future-proof than I2S as with F7 & H7 SAI is much more evolved and feature-rich than I2S.
  • The limits for async feedback at 44k1 (and multiples) are not symmetric as is the case with 48k (and multiples). This is not a huge issues as host just discards feedback that is not within limits.
  • I assume this is intended to be similar to Amanero. Still I would add isolators for all output signals.

IIUC the two I2S interfaces have their clock pins connected, and I2S3 is master while I2S1 is slave. The two interfaces should run synchronously if started closely to each other, IMO. Or can there be some race condition?
Based on the reference manual I'm not sure if master and slave data (in this case DSDL and DSDR) is synchronized so there may be slight timing offset between DSDL and DSDR. That probably does not matter. But since SAI provides synchronization and I2S has no real benefits why not just use SAI.

Well done!
Couple of comments from quick glance:
  • Instead of PLL it would be better to use external clocks for MCK. STM32F466 allows this through I2S_CKIN (PC9).
  • SAI would probably be more future-proof than I2S as with F7 & H7 SAI is much more evolved and feature-rich than I2S.
  • The limits for async feedback at 44k1 (and multiples) are not symmetric as is the case with 48k (and multiples). This is not a huge issues as host just discards feedback that is not within limits.
  • I assume this is intended to be similar to Amanero. Still I would add isolators for all output signals.
Hi bohrok2610,
  • In a early version it is implemented as you said but I removed it as I did not think it is necessary. Maybe for lower clock jitter?
  • The first comes to my mind is indeed SAI. Unfortunately, on 64-pin devices it collides with ULPI signals.
  • As for synchronization between two I2S's, it is similar to I2S full duplex mode but the slave is also transmitting. The RM said in this case, they are synchronized by WS, as long as the slave is started before master. On oscilloscope I also did not observe any delay between two channels.
Thanks for your advice!

No composite device required but as I said 64-pin device with ULPI is out of suitable interfaces.
IMO best STM32 chip for this purpose would be 100-pin STM32F723VETx. It has built in HS PHY so no ULPI required. Also 2 SAI interfaces (SAI1_A, SAI2_B) available at one side of the chip for audio duplex operation (DAC & ADC). Cost of STM32F446 with ULPI is about the same but the chip is less capable.

Actually I would have preferred to use STM32F723VETx when I made my first USB-I2S bridge in 2021. Unfortunately back then it was not available so I had to use the 144-pin STM32F723ZETx which just wastes PCB real estate and leaves loads of GPIOs unused.