open baffle shape

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
three words.. "high traffic area"

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

the computer nook area is the source of alot of back and forth movment as i check mail throughout the day etc.. being said, the right side speaker is already only a foot or two off the wall as it is, should really be further away i know but i dont want to safrafice the space and narrow this corridor even further.

i know the area is best suited to monopoles but dipoles just sound so damn good and are so easy/cheap to make.

if i had another 3 feet of clearence i wouldent hesitate to implement some sort of pheonix style H frame in a more non parallel H/U fashion.

i hear jack at assistanceaudio is going to be coming into some extra magnets for the ch250's in a little while. i guess i'll hold off until then to make any rash desisions. the bicones are still maturing as they break in, and i'll be adding some sort of wood stock to make them U frames for sure.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
smak said:
i was looking for a chart in the past that displayed OB size vs bass response and finally came across the link again. its pretty nifty although i dont know how accurate it is considering that it doesent take into account a drivers distance from the ground and Qts.

http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/DIY/OB-Speaker-concept-1b.html

I recall a lot of discussion about whether that is accuarate at all....

Best to use the PVC SS, the Edge or Thorsten's SS for much more accuarate numbers.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.