OPA2544 why not?, lets try!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Fired it up... it sounds OK, not good, not particularly bad... but not wonderfull... certainly very strong output... ideal for those with hearing damage or those who would like to have hearing damage...

I will when I get the time again play around with gain, maybe I find a sweetspot... lots of bass, lots of treble... hollow spot in the midrange... and DC offset is also quite high, about 115mV

Otherwise I will recycle the chips into power supplies.

Hi it's nice you've finished it to bad it doesn't sound great, well at least It has some output power well here are two pics of the incoming amp could't buy the caps and connectors yet we are on holiday and everithing is closed

Attachments

• 6chuuuuuu.jpg
    6chuuuuuu.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 357
Nordic said:
Fired it up... it sounds OK, not good, not particularly bad... but not wonderfull... certainly very strong output...

OPA544 directly "upgrade" for TDA2030 (power, THD)
but has a stranger sounds when use as audio amplifier, so its using as amplifier - inadvisable.

Originally posted by Nordic
Otherwise I will recycle the chips into power supplies.
this is a best using for this chip (motor driver to) :)

For OPA548 you should try tone control .

That's a sad story trying OPA544 or OPA2544 for audio.
However one might be a kind of happy using these as a
headphone driver. When the load resistance is higher the crackles are gone.
On the other hand why to be so hard on trying with these if there is LT1210? It is very well suited for audio when set in unity gain.
Just add a sweet sounding tone control pre and enjoy.

Be a success!

ybserge said:

On the other hand why to be so hard on trying with these if there is LT1210? It is very well suited for audio when set in unity gain.
Just add a sweet sounding tone control pre and enjoy.

Be a success!

there is separate subject for LT1210 on this forum
and link to yooree's site

(for the OPA544 the crackle disappears if amplifier unload on current, having added 2 powerful transistors on output. but sound becomes worse).

Daim blond said:

there is separate subject for LT1210 on this forum
and link to yooree's site

(for the OPA544 the crackle disappears if amplifier unload on current, having added 2 powerful transistors on output. but sound becomes worse).

Yeah, I've been to yooree's site and have e-mailed to him a lot.
And we discussed a lot. The man he is great.
This helped me to be familiar with his works. The first one I tried was Tale3Ultra amp. A nice thing ever! Now thinking about Waft implementation for my future 5 and 1 amp. So good to be heard and to be assisted by someone!

Every success

Yes it does, it can be bridged, but high loads are recommended....
Last year I took the time to test it with a scope at uni....I've left it for a long time; and since I was needing a 6 channel amp I finished it and wanted to know If what every one was saying here was true....sadly it was...beyond 250Hz the chips starts to have a cross over distrotion....quite visible on the scope, but it's not that much audible, I don't recommend it if you are seeking high quality.
It's not all sad story here....the chip delivered 100W onto an 8 ohm load without getting hot like an LM3886 for example at 70W. I recommend it for subwoofer aplications since the signal does not suffer any distortion up to 250Hz and the chip works really cool, and has a really low quiscent current

Here are some pics of the 3 chips on the heatsink and the two swiching supplies feeding the little beast !!

Attachments

• amp.JPG
    amp.JPG
    310.3 KB · Views: 151
  • amp2.JPG
    amp2.JPG
    360.4 KB · Views: 111
  • amp3.JPG
    amp3.JPG
    277.2 KB · Views: 110
  • DSC01592.JPG
    DSC01592.JPG
    360.4 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC01593.JPG
    DSC01593.JPG
    231.7 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC01594.JPG
    DSC01594.JPG
    310.3 KB · Views: 46
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.