One driver transistor per output transistor possibilities?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I suggest that you read your books again about distortion in Cfp or check the Nakamich PA7 figures to get an idea

I cannot explain that no , I cannot also explain why in a given circuit and a given topology and probably bias 2SA1302 2SC3281 will sound far better than cousins 1943-5200 and i finally i cannot explain why the amplifier i know inside out ( the P3A ) sounded very bad when i was asked to create a pcb for it 4cm wide and 20 cm long to fit behind a specific speaker to make it active .

kind regards
Sakis

I'm planning to use ksa1381 to drive 2sa2121 transistors. The major problem I have is to drive many output transistors like take 5 pairs. At 70V the drivers deliver as low as 0.05A hence with avg beta 70 for output stage. So the output current from the output trans is 1.4Amps. Which is the limit or even less than what the output transistor is capable of. Hence i believe if all drivers are mounted close enough the thermal balance will also be the same or close enough. Here in this case we are skimping on the drivers a bit.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.