On-Wall LCR Help - Which Mid/High?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So, my son has requested more space in his room, which is not that large at 10'Wx10'Dx8'H. This past weekend we got him new furniture and I'm building a desk. The best alternative is to install LCR speakers, and since it is his room and not area of the house, as to extreme sound quality, I was gonna go the DIY route.

My plan is to build three identical LCR's with an enclosure similar to Monitor Audio Radius 180/225, basically a rectangle with a nice grill, nothing fancy. The enclosure size for the drivers I have selected is 6" Wide x 5" Deep. How tall it will be will be determined by the middle driver, as it could be as little as 17" or as long as the, to be selected, middle driver dictates. For the MTM configuration, I have selected the following drivers:

+ Woofers: 3" Dayton Audio DS90-8
+ Tweeter or FR: To be determined based on your recommendations

* Besides a Tweeter I can consider a Full Range Driver.

What do you guys recommend, a tweeter or full range to be placed between the woofers? I will reinforce with a compact subwoofer. AVR duties will be handled by an HT receiver (to be selected, but most probably one of the usual suspects).

So, my son has requested more space in his room, which is not that large at 10'Wx10'Dx8'H. This past weekend we got him new furniture and I'm building a desk. The best alternative is to install LCR speakers, and since it is his room and not area of the house, as to extreme sound quality, I was gonna go the DIY route.

My plan is to build three identical LCR's with an enclosure similar to Monitor Audio Radius 180/225, basically a rectangle with a nice grill, nothing fancy. The enclosure size for the drivers I have selected is 6" Wide x 5" Deep. How tall it will be will be determined by the middle driver, as it could be as little as 17" or as long as the, to be selected, middle driver dictates. For the MTM configuration, I have selected the following drivers:

+ Woofers: 3" Dayton Audio DS90-8
+ Tweeter or FR: To be determined based on your recommendations

* Besides a Tweeter I can consider a Full Range Driver.

What do you guys recommend, a tweeter or full range to be placed between the woofers? I will reinforce with a compact subwoofer. AVR duties will be handled by an HT receiver (to be selected, but most probably one of the usual suspects).

As for crossover I will simulate to see what will be the best option, but might be a 2nd Order with an L-Pad and Zobel for the woofers. I will get to that once I have the selected drivers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.