Oldest amp you still use?

I saw a post from Steve Dunlap from 2011. He stated he had several pairs of NEC 2SB600/2SD55 transistors. I realize this is stretch but if if Steve sees this or any one else can get this message to him I would be interested in purchasing these transistors if by any chance he still has any.

Now using a Leak Stereo 20 circa 1964 , the gun metal one while I rebuild my valve/mofo hybrid. I paid a fair bit for it as they are getting popular now but its
in good condition with only sensible component changes. I once had several of them but almost had to give them away. It gives nice relaxing sort of sound so
I'm not in a hurry to finish the rebuild

A Musical Fidelity X-A1.
A whippersnapper by the standards of many here!
It gets occasional use as a test amp.
I still think it sounds quite good and is plenty loud enough to fill the village hall for the occasional kids party/disco.
I really should build some decent passive speakers to see how good it really sounds!

@stocktrader200 My Pioneer SX838 is still on the operating table for the second time. The preamp stage had been replaced but in my design of a PCB, the the tone controls were backwards ofthe original design. The output stage now uses lateral mosfet instead of BJT.

As I have mentiond previously, I bought this rig at Harvey Radio in NYC and carried it home on the subway to Brooklyn Hts. It survived #1 son using it for his DJ gigs. The receiver in these old Pioneer receivers were phenomenal!
Jack

Reactions: 1 user
I've recently restored a Rotel RA-1412 and it quickly became my daily amp. I put many hours of work into it and perhaps went over the top in the restoration but it's a great sounding and great looking piece. Worth every minute.

Before this it was a Marantz PM4, another restoration project from a few years ago, I still have it and use it occasionally. Lovely sounding amp

Pioneer A-77X. Purchased in '85. It's been repaired once but has been an awesome amp for all of these years. I just bought the same model off of e-bay as a spare but aside from being tested and possible repaired, it needs a new line voltage switch AKX-507 which appears to be unobtainium here in the States.
I've located the part in England, but they don't ship to the U.S. :(

A Philips AH 380 PA from the late Seventies. It had to be repaired quite a few times due to abuse. It has a completely DC coupled mode which is always convenient when playing around with current-feedback etc.

Regards

Charles

I picked up one of these off the verge a few years ago but unfortunately the output transistors were toast (and some had been replaced with rubbish). I built a Greg Ball Ska GB150D into the chassis. I still use the AH280 preamp picked up at the same time in one of my systems, much modified.

How do you rate the AH380?