OLD Stoner Rock

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
"Stoned Age" music in the film

Paranoid" Black Sabbath
"Flying Blind" Ivory Tower
"Hocus Pocus" Focus
"Cat Scratch Fever" Ted Nugent
"Don't Fear The Reaper" and "Burnin' For You" Blue Oyster Cult
"Drivin' Wheel" and "Slow Ride" Foghat
"Travel In Style" Larry Owens
"Rock Candy" Montrose
"Country Fever" James Kalamasz and Alain LeRoux
"Highway Star" Deep Purple
"Play That Funky Music" Wild Cherry
"I Like To Do It" KC & The Sunshine Band
"Bang a Gong (Get It On)" T.Rex

Stoner chill out/cool down room stuff?:

Why, Jamaican Reggae!, of course.

Sy: That's what happens to old stoners, either they get smart and turn into something akin to health concious vegitablarians, or they downslide into a early grave. Their choice, when they hit that slippery peak, at whatever age they may see past it.

Me? I used up all my extreme party tokens by the time I was 21 or so - not on both ends, but with magnesium and a blowtorch. You know you are in trouble when whatever party you go to, they always make YOU roll, as you are simply the best at it, period. Odd place for perfectionism, but it always rears it's head!The echos can still plauge me, every now and then. I have a few friends who never learned to hang it up, and they look like hell, at the age of 40-45.

I always knew I'd find a use for that SACD player. It's been sitting on the floor for months, I can't be bothered to hook it up. I know what CD players sound like. Awful. And to think, We ended up buying two of them, and my friend (who owns this one) has my massively modded one.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

yeah, I know it's sad that I never use that CD player.

*rimshot*

actually, I think I'll play..the last song on psych-out. a 8 minute extravaganza by The Stawberry Alarm Clock. I can see Bruce Dern now, walking down the middle of the road, on the bridge. I dunno, I was baked when I saw it so maybe my memory is off on that one. I had extra eyeballs sticking out all over my head at weird angles that day.

extra bonus points: The studies have shown, the buried ones, that is...some sponsored by gubberment....that LSD, during use and residually afterward, increases intellgence by an average factor of 10%.

Beat that score you 'legal' alcoholics out there. :p

Acid makes yer brain bigger.

ah, jus drop a few,and sit down in the beanbag chair and groove to some zep and floyd. You won't be hungry for about 16 hours.

Although we could all tear a page from the modern E handbook of the X dudes, which is prep your water ahead of time and strap that bottle to your wrist, yer gonna need it. :p

"Stoner Rock" I guess that deepends on who you where partying with at the time. I went to high school in Italy, DoD school. Big mix of people. Pink Floyd, and Yes folks tend to run in the same circles. So will The Stones folks. The there where the Neil Young types and the pop rock types.

When I moved to Texas, ZZ Top was the rage, I didn't like them back then, refered to them as ZZ Flop. I like them now, memories.

Joined the Navy and went into my deep depression period, nothing but early Joni Mitchell worked well with booze and the friends of booze.

Pulled out of the dive and found John Prine good Stoner music. Had a roommate form up north, seems they were in to a lot of REO Speedwagon and the likes. Areosmith was big from the New England guys. Many of the other were already mentioned.

But nothing could top a road trip to Austin in the 70's, windows down in an old beat up Volkswagen bug listening to Canned Heat's Goin' up the Country.

How about "The Band"

getting back to stoner:bigeyes: music-------
How about walking through a pine misty pine forest full of mushrooms listening to (on a walkman) pink floyd or early kate bush, alan parsons, ian hunter, early david bowie ( the "low" album was superb) or XTC.
Arrrrrrr- some fond memories of that era

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
SY said:
you can build up an impressive fat layer with Piemontese vegetarian cooking. I'm proof of that.

Yeah... me too. :xeye: Sigh....

Listened to it with the TV sound down? Zepplin - Johnny Carson. Always a gut buster!

Guess T-Rex was stoner music for me, because I found both at the same time.

The young stoners have a lot of choice, all the Jam Bands. The young folks are much bigger stoners than we ever were. But not bigger than some of you guys here. :eek: (I live in stoner central, Maui.)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.