Old School Maintenance

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Carver m-500t amp that is coming up on its twentieth birthday pretty soon. I've read that older amps tend to have their capacitors go bad, and the result is that the sound quality degrades (the exact symptoms vary depending on the sources I've read). Unfortunately, I only came into ownership of the unit last year, so I can't compare it to anything.

Do I need to worry about this? And if I do, anyone recommend what brand? Money is no object - I want the best audio-grade caps available to mankind.

Hi Wyloch,

There is no shortage of gentle folk out there willing to supply you with 'the best capacitors known to mankind' lovingly nurtured in the making by vestal virgins in full flight pagan ritual wrapping ceremony, not for viewing or beyond the understanding of we mere......

We noted on another thread, Chemicon - a manufacturer of fine electro's in your part of the planet. Might be a good place to start.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=644359#post644359

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.