Old peerless datasheet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone know where I can find datasheets or ts parameters for old peerless speakers ??

Recently I just purchased a used peerless midbass/woofer with part no : 831894 and I was wondering if anyone has any data on these...since I searched all over the web but couldnt find anything

anyway thanks in advance

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
If that was out of a commercially produced loudspeaker, instead of a diy job, you might never find the Thiele-Small specs.

Peerless assigned part numbers for woofers made separately for manufacturers. When the manufacturer's run ends, the speakers find their way into job lots. In this case, if it is from a commericially produced, name brand speaker, only the manufacturer and Peerless engineering knows the Thiele-Small specs.

So far, I haven't come across a case where anyone contacted Peerless and got such specs.

GM

Joined 2003
I've searched on google and found nothing...

FWIW at this very late date, the T/S basics from a several year later posting:

Peerless 6" and 8" MidBass - Zerotohundred.com

Peerless 6" MidBass (831894) (8ohms)
Description:
Fs: 49 Hz
Qts: 0.69
Vas: 40.0 l
SPL: 89.5 dB - 1 W / 1 m
Impedance: 8 ohms
Outer target: 176 mm
Inner diameter: 144 mm
Magnet Diameter: 70 mm
Net Weight: 750 g

This makes me wonder if the Coral Electronics EL 61 is really 'just' a renamed 831894 or were Peerless specs this far off back then?

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.