• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Old Hammond 1640SE OPT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

I have a pair of old 1640SE sitting on my work bench for years and I'd love to make use of it, but I lost the connection data. There are Red, Blue/yellow and Blue on one side and Yellow, Green, Green/yellow and 2 Blacks on the other. Any help would be much appreciated.

Albert

Yellow to Blk/Yel should be about 1.2 Ohms (after subtracting out the meter leads Ohms)

Blk/Yel to Grn/Yel should be about .9 Ohm (" " ")

And Blk to Grn should be about .9 Ohm (" " ")

No continuity from Grn or Blk to the other set: Yel, Grn/Yel, Blk/Yel.

Make sure to rotate the bananna/lead connectors on the DVM first before doing such low Ohm measurements, or the contact resistances will overwhelm the readings. Then short the meter lead ends together to get the lead resistance, to subtract out from the winding readings.

Last edited:
Yellow to Blk/Yel should be about 1.2 Ohms (after subtracting out the meter leads Ohms)

Blk/Yel to Grn/Yel should be about .9 Ohm (" " ")

And Blk to Grn should be about .9 Ohm (" " ")

No continuity from Grn or Blk to the other set: Yel, Grn/Yel, Blk/Yel.

Make sure to rotate the bananna/lead connectors on the DVM first before doing such low Ohm measurements, or the contact resistances will overwhelm the readings. Then short the meter lead ends together to get the lead resistance, to subtract out from the winding readings.

You're great. I have the numbers almost exactly the same as said.
The first set of three on top, yellow/Blk-yellow 1.2 ohm, Green-yellow/ Blk-yellow 0.9 ohm. The bottom set of two, green/Blk 0.9 ohm.
I put the green-yellow and green together and Blk-yellow/Blk together ( as said on hook-up data provided ), I now have 0.8 ohm with yellow and black. It supposes to be 8 ohm hook-up as of data.
On primary, Red with Black I have 82 ohm. Does it mean I can go ahead with this ??? Thanks

Albert

home brew 807pse

guys,

I lately check over the 807 data sheet and come up with the following schematics. Please do take a look and all comments are welcome.
BR

Albert

Attachments

• j13 011.JPG
    j13 011.JPG
    663.9 KB · Views: 99
My intention is to make use of the 1640se opt. Since I have lot of NOS 807/1625 sitting around and this is why I tried to again make use of them. If the design is not workable. Please do suggest what the 1640se is good for.:confused:
Thanks

Albert

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.