• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Old Dynatron Information

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hiya.

I'm new to this sort of thing but willing to learn when needed.
I have just bought myself a radiogram and the sound that comes from it is wonderful. I would like to add an aerial to get FM stations clearly but am unsure how to do this looking at the rear of the gram. I would also like to be able to run my iPod through the speakers. would this sort of thing be possible without tampering with unit too much as I am not electronically minded, something like a Wi-Fi receiver or even just a simple 3.5mm jack plug would be what I am after.

The only identifying Numbers I can find are Dynatron LS 250 on the speakers and Dynatron Stereophonic Reproducer HFC5 on the back of the unit.

Any instruction manuals or help would be appreciated or even where I can go to look at information as my web searches are not bearing much fruit.
Thanks in advance.

Trying to upload a picture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    702.2 KB · Views: 127
Make yourself a dipole in the shape of a letter 'T'. it needs to be 1' 10" from centre, so 3' 8" across if in the loft or half that size, for 1/4 wave in the room where the Dynatron is. On the full size one join the wire in the middle to make a squashed loop. For the small one it doesn't matter so much. Put one wire in the left FM socket and the return in the other. I used match sticks to hold the wires in. The dipole may be horizontal or vertical depending upon your radio station transmitter. For AM connect a long wire to the ANT socket.

Make yourself a dipole in the shape of a letter 'T'. it needs to be 1' 10" from centre, so 3' 8" across if in the loft or half that size, for 1/4 wave in the room where the Dynatron is. On the full size one join the wire in the middle to make a squashed loop. For the small one it doesn't matter so much. Put one wire in the left FM socket and the return in the other. I used match sticks to hold the wires in. The dipole may be horizontal or vertical depending upon your radio station transmitter. For AM connect a long wire to the ANT socket.

that description is hard to follow, and I do know what a dipole for FM is... I'm confused... :(

I think the short answer is that almost any two wires, one shoved into each of the two holes that are next to the symbol that looks like back to back "L" will probably be good enough if you're anywhere near a place where the FM stations are located (as in 10s of miles). At the very least you'll get the strongest stations.

For the AM antenna, connect the longest wire you can manage, going anywhere.... longest including many 10s of feet although not much length will be ok in a metro area. For AM, the ground wire would like to be connected to a ground, if it is convenient, if not skip it. that's the one with a horizontal line and a bunch of lines coming off it at a slant...

_-_-

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice. The first response had me googling a lot of words, as I said at the start I am new to this having only just bought my first Radiogram. I appreciate the easy to follow instructions and I now understand the first post.

Still looking for information on the Model number though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.