OHP in a sealed box?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can anyone tell me if this is possible? I want to put a high output OHP (like the Elmo HP-A305 Solar or Dukane 680) in a sealed box in order to make it quieter and leak less light.

The box will be a snug fit around the projector, will have an exhaust fan on top, and intake vents along the bottom. The opening for the projection will have to be covered with glass so the only air coming in is cool air from the bottom of the box. Any tips on what kind of glass to use for the best picture?

I'd like to use a fan that came off an evaporative humidifier because it is quiet... but I'm concerned it won't exhaust enough air.

OK, more info - it's going to be an Elmo

The projector I'm going to use will be an Elmo HP-A305 Solar Deluxe. Do you think my quiet, low CPM humidifer fan will be enough to exhaust the heat generated by this beast, or will I need a more powerful fan like a duct fan?

I have a good thermometer, maybe I should rig an experiment at first with the quiet fan to see how hot it gets in there at peak temperature.

If the humidifier fan works it will be sweet, because I think the sealed box will muffle most of the noise coming from the OHP and the Panel.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.