Ohm drivers - can we use full range drivers instead?

I’ve always been fascinated by the Ohm Walsh speakers using a singe cone shaped driver to project a 360 degree waveform. I was wondering if we can create the same type of speaker using full range drivers?

I was wondering if placing a full range driver - upside down - on top of a cabinet would replicate the effect of the Ohm driver? I also wondered if simply firing the driver upwards (with or without a reflector) might accomplish something similar - or better?

It seems obvious to use drivers with a rising response. Has anyone tried this and gotten good results?

Technology | Ohm Speakers - Custom Audiophile Speakers for Music & Home Theater