• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Offer NOS Toshiba 6GB8 need NOS 6B4G

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I could offer another tubes and transistors for a pair or quartet of NOS 6B4G
For instance

tubes

GM70
GK71
G811
G807
6E5P
6E6P (gold grid and pins)
6S45P
6J43P
6N6P
6N9S
6N8S
6N23P
E88CC Philips Miniwatt SQ (gold pins)
6922 (gold pins)
6P14P
6P15P
6P9
6P21S (DH tubes)
some other tubes

transistors

stud mount lateral mosfets

kp901
kp902
kp904
kp907

lateral mosfets

K1058
J162

stud mount 5W j-fet

kp903

SIT transistors

KP926A
KP801A
KP801G

I have some 6S4S, which is afaik the russian version of 6B4G...

Actually I have some 6S4S, and the project is being developed with them. My idea at this thread is to ask for at least a pair of really nice old 6B4G, for comparison, since total investments into the project make this reasonable.
Heaters are fed with regulated voltage via additional current source, so 6B4G (1A heater current) are more convenient in this case than 2A3, with their 3A heater current.

For the input stage, I already have solved the task, got both 6P15P and old EL803S Telefunken.

Dady, please make some tests of your tubes (maybe plate current at 50V plate voltage with grid-cathode shorted), they look a bit undefinitely.

What are you going to drive with the 6B4Gs? I was thinking about replacing the 6SL7 SRPPs with 6B4Gs in my 300B amp. I might have to squeeze another filament transformer in there unless it would be OK to starve it. Never heard of doing that with a filament, but if I remember correctly the 6SL7 in .3A instead of 1A.
I thought I would ask instead of starting another thread, but am not trying to hijack your thread. Let me know.
Thanks,
Thatch

What are you going to drive with the 6B4Gs? I was thinking about replacing the 6SL7 SRPPs with 6B4Gs in my 300B amp. I might have to squeeze another filament transformer in there unless it would be OK to starve it. Never heard of doing that with a filament, but if I remember correctly the 6SL7 in .3A instead of 1A.
I thought I would ask instead of starting another thread, but am not trying to hijack your thread. Let me know.
Thanks,
Thatch

This my project includes three SE stages, EL803S in penthode, 6B4G in triode with resistive load (500V rail voltage), and GK71 at output. Grid of GK71 needs 340V peak-to-peak drive for full power. 6B4G is needed for lowering output impedance of driver stage and for linearity. Output trafo has n=50 turns ration, so penthode is needed at input.

Give me a couple of days for mount the bench for test the 6B4G but they are unused at all, In Argentina the valves come from outside (most of them) and like imported merchandise, custom office putt stamps on each one. One sign of use was always the burned stamps. The stamps of My valves are not burned at all and I have they since 15 years ago. If you have patient I can test carefully them because I am curios of they real state.
Best Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.