nView z310

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,

I've been reading this forum for a few days now, and I am now starting to think about purchasing a LCD panel.

I have found a NView Graph X Z310 Projection Panel which I am interested in purchasing. Does anyone know anything about this panel? I read a page which said that it had 1024x768 resolution. Is this true? Also, can someone tell me what type of input it accepts?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Help with the Z310

As you might have noticed, I am the one who won the auction for the aforementioned nView Z310. I am wondering if someone might help me out with it. It looks to be in really nice shape and came with lots of accessories (perhaps *all* of them... manual, cables, adaptors, remote, carrying case, etc.)

It powers up fine and displays the nView logo, but I cannot get a picture onto it from my GeForce 2 Ti's VGA output. I believe I am using the correct cable as explained in the manual, but the little backlit LCD always says "INPUT: NO VIDEO" and of course the logo remains on the screen.

I tried a multitude of other cables and adaptors, all to no avail. Might this have something to do with the "new" VGA using all 15 pins whereas I believe the "old" VGA had pin 9 missing and perhaps also pin 15 missing? Do I need some sort of adaptor to convert my "new" VGA back to "old" VGA?

I also tried many different screen resolutions and color depths from my vid card. Nothing seems to work - please help!

Try setting your display to 1024x768 @ 60hz, then plug in your projector. It should work at this setting. If not, contact the guy you bought it from.

Oh, and when you do get it running, please tell us how bad the motion blur is on it... I would be interested in hearing whether it is fast enough to display DVD's @ 24fps.

Tinker,

Go here:
http://www.l-com.com/content/ResourceCenter/Tutorials/tutorialsmain.jsp

and click the "video cabling" link (be sure JavaScript is turned on)

You will see that Standard VGA uses all 15 pins *except* pin 9 and pin 15. VGA with DDC (Data Display Channel) uses pin 9 and 15 for "communication between a monitor and a host system," whatever that means.

I will try the 60Hz thing... right now I have the GeForce's refresh set to "optimal," which I think sets it as high as possible. Maybe that's what's screwing it up.

-Brandon

Thanks PlasmaSMP, the 60Hz thing worked! Since I was just swapping the VGA cable right from my 21" Trinitron monitor to the panel, I'm sure the panel couldn't copy with the same refresh rate.

I don't have my OHP yet, and the sun isn't even up yet - so the only thing I could do was to hold the panel up to the incandescent light on the ceiling while I was running the 20MB "Spiderman" preview double-sized to nearly full screen. Not a very good test, but here are my initial impressions about motion blur...

When there is not much motion the picture is fine - I do not think the 1.4 M colors limitation will be significant.

When there is a lot of motion I don't see any "blur," so to speak, but I do see that the picture breaks down to some extent into vertical lines. They look like real lo-res vertical scan lines, if that makes any sense. Anyone ever seen this before? Is this "motion blur?"

Only further testing will tell if the same problem comes up with an OHP, a line doubler, and a DVD source.

-Brandon

Schmanthony said:
Tinker,

Go here:
http://www.l-com.com/content/ResourceCenter/Tutorials/tutorialsmain.jsp

and click the "video cabling" link (be sure JavaScript is turned on)

You will see that Standard VGA uses all 15 pins *except* pin 9 and pin 15. VGA with DDC (Data Display Channel) uses pin 9 and 15 for "communication between a monitor and a host system," whatever that means.

I will try the 60Hz thing... right now I have the GeForce's refresh set to "optimal," which I think sets it as high as possible. Maybe that's what's screwing it up.

-Brandon

Hu, I never knew that. Learn somthing every day huh! I guess I never really needed to know though either.;)
Great to hear you got it working!:D

Your welcome.

As for the motion blur. If it is like most LCDs that I have seen. (like the RAD 5) when something moves fast across the screen, it leaves a streaking blur pattern, like when you turn on the mouse trail.

Try watching your panel and moving the mouse around fast. Then compare it with your CRT monitor to make sure you don't start to "see" problems that aren't really there.

Those lines arent from motion blur I dont hink. They could be somthing else. My psone panel/projector doesnt do that. But then its prob. alot newer lcd tech too. At any rate doing the comparison that PlasmaSMP said. What I really think is happening is your used to looking at high res. crt. Then you are looking at 640x480 which is kinda pixely and you can see lines easier during fast motion. Turn your crt mon to 640x480 and see how the video looks then to compare to the low res. panel. Thats what I would do.;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.