nView nSight Data Projector...What can I do with this thing?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I purchased an nView nSight data projector for $41 on ebay. It has a series of 3 magnification lenses inside. One had fallen out and the seller said it was broken. It was actually chipped on one edge. I replaced it and turned it on and it works. It has VGA and composite connections. I used the comp-in and connected it to my DVD player and it works. Since it is a Data projector, it is not color and the image is a bit slow and jumpy. But, I could probably use parts of this thing. It has two OSRAM HLX 6455 EHJ 250 watt lamps. It also has a German made Apollo A/V 85-150mm zoom lens. I opened the side panel to have a look inside and I can see how the seller lost the lens. The large convex lens will just roll right out. The lamp and 3-lens magnification with a small LCD and the zoom could possibly be useful. Anyone have any ideas?

Now i have the same problem i just bought a nview nsight projector on ebay for 50$ i thought it would make a nice little video projector for my room, i looked for some spec's before i put in the wining bid but could not find anything but what was on projectorcentral, which i 70ansi, 17lbs and 640x480 that it now
jhovis is say
Jhovis, Since it is a Data projector, it is not color and the image is a bit slow and jumpy. But, I could probably use parts of this thing.
NO! COLOR! now he just saying bad color right? 50$ i'm not looking for much but am i going to have to sell the thing as soon as i get it? By the way i bought the thing broken but i have the feeling it will be easly fix. so help US out what the :censored: are we going do with these things???

Sounds Great!!! now anyone what a nview nsight? no i'll see what i can do with it. theres no way i can update it in any way?
with like a new video card or something. my came with a nview
1:2.8 85mm lens, any good??? well i might need help fixing it later. we'll see. ;)

Wow! My old post from Oct, 2002 finally got some hits! I was going to use parts of that old thing to try making a diy projector. Instead, I resold it on ebay for $20 and was very specific about it not being a color pj. I made a diy system from a 7300 lumen Elmo and an nView Z115. I sold that last Oct and bought a Sony 1272 CRT which I sold a few months later and bought a brand new DLP. I am still building diy speakers. They are absolutely incredible and you can build speakers that rival speakers that cost 4 times the cost of the diy or more. I built all new HT speakers and a 260L subwoofer tuned to 17hz. Now, I'm going to build some line arrays.

I still have a brand new Delta 20 lens that was also purchased for a diy pj that I need to get rid of.
Jeff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.