NVIDIA Digital Vibrance Control (DVC)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I played some movies last night (with my DAW & music PC, not the one I usually use with the pj) and discovered the DVC settings in my Creative GF4 Ti4200 drivers (latest Detonators, I installed these as the picture update in PDVD was bad, finally I found that it was the soundcard that caused the problems, so beware bad soundcard drivers, the card was semipro Terratec EWS88MT, btw, but with it's System Monitor output everything was working just fine, Wave Out drivers caused the trouble). I don't know how the NV drivers can increase the color separation and enchance intensity but they made a HUGE difference to washed colors in my BenQ (AUO) panel I use in my pj. The picture in Nvidia page (below) doesn't lie. I can recommend these to everyone looking for a better quality picture with LCD panels!

http://www.nvidia.com/object/feature_dvc.html

See also the technical brief on left column (PDF document link).

image.jpg

What scaling software are you guys using? I heard there are compatibility issues with some cards not working with dscaler and powestrip.

Is this feature heavy on CPU? Have you guys looked at it while its running? I heard some dramatic image improvement with ffdshow filters and theatertek but you wont be doing anything decent if you dont have at least a 1.7gig processor. Got info from avsforum.

I need a card with dvi so I was thinking Radeon(no issues with above software? or GF4 now ....

I have the 9800 Radeon and a G3 here. Digital Vibrance is just a "buzz" word. Its done just by raising the gamma and color settings. Anyone can do it with a Matrox or ATI aswell. Just go to the color settings tab in advanced control video panel.:) My 9800 NP (not se) was $250 and is SCREAMING fast. Secondly ATI has the best IQ (image quality) and their tv out is the best in the buisness. So is their DVI (lcd controler). If ya want best colors and image look no further than a ATI or AIW if ya want all the bells and whistles. Im only mentioning this cause right now ATI is best bang per buck and is better picture-which is really what you want for projection anyhow. Nothing against Nvidia-as I said I have a Geforce3 orginal that set me back $400 smackers in the day. But as for image Q its nothing compaired to my old R8500 or this R9800 which is even better looking. A 9600pro is only about $150 the AIW version about $200. That captures tv asewell making your pc a HTPC.:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.