Nvidia Brings Digital Keystone corection to projectors!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nvidia's new drivers allow for digital keystone corection. This is great! Now my projector (in progress) over my couch wont have keystone prob! This is a big help.....well if you have a Nvidia 256 or up Video card. I'm finding out the details but off their site:

"* Up to a 25% increase in performance
* nView™ 2.0 multi-display technology increases productivity and provides the necessary tools to control the way users access and view applications.
* NVRotate™ enabling image rotation on today’s advanced flat panel displays.
* NVKeystone™ allows for real-time image correction on portable projectors and heads-up displays.
* Digital Vibrance Control™ allows users to adjust color controls to achieve accurate, bright colors under all conditions.
* New control panel streamlines user interface and enables faster and easier access to all video settings
* Robust Channels enables higher faster performance and better stability for all applications through fail-safe paths in the drivers
* CineFX Simulator allows developers to use Cg—“C for graphics”—to write complex shaders in a high level language faster and more easily than before.
* NVIDIA’s patented Unified Driver Architecture (UDA) – supports all products in a single driver binary"

http://nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=winxp-2k_40.41

"Imagine never having to worry about optical distortions and visual artifacts due to poor projector setups. NVKeystone’s real-time display correction technology allows users to display onto any surface with lossless picture quality through intuitive user controls. With full hardware acceleration for all NVIDIA GPUs, NVKeystone is a must have for every mobile PC attached to an external LCD projector. (Tinker*edited---this works on desktops too folks...*)

Some uses of NVKeystone include:

Microsoft® PowerPoint® Presentations Fix optical artifacts and distortions due to badly placed and misaligned projectors

3D and Video Projection Deliver demos with full 2D, 3D and video hardware acceleration while saving time on projector placement calibration

Heads up displays Enables lower cost and lower footprint designs with custom display alignment

KEY FEATURES:

-Real-time display correction
-Intuitive and convenient user configuration tool
-Full 2D, 3D and video hardware overlay acceleration
-Supports all NVIDIA GPUs*
-Supports all projectors "
Horay!!!!!!!!!!

Need a Geforce 256 or up. The 256 is a way older card so its not that big of a req. Can get them cheap and even better.;)
Get new drivers here:
http://nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=winxp-2k_40.41

Peace.:D

I dont know if there is a third party app that does this aswell. Havent seen one that does image rotation and keystone corection along with lossless picture. IF there was one you can be sure its about $30 and up. You can get a G2 ultra for about $50. have the features and a great video card! Just make sure to get one with TV out. Some models have some dont both with the same GPU chips. Basically each G2, G3 and now G4 is dif. I do know the digital vibrance control is great. It makes the image way brighter while maintaining the correct colors. I'm working on setting it up with my lcd panel. Will let you know what I did and etc. when I have. All those features though are really impresive for the nvidia cards. I would have thought ATI would gotten to it first but looks as though nvidia needed a buisness entry type solution. Makes me happy, my G3 isnt going any where now.:D

There is a program called pivot pro that rotates your picture to 90-180-270 (like nVida drivers) but it doesn't do keystone. The nVidia drives does keystone correction but it does it digitally. If you adjust to much keystone you will get a distorted image. Optical kestone is best but even they have their limits.

ap0the0sis:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.